Located in Wellandport, Ontario, Robert Land Academy (RLA) is a highly structured private military-themed boarding school providing a safe, healthy, living and learning environment for boys in grades 5-12 operated by The Creative Centre for Learning and Development, a not-for-profit corporation with charitable status.
The Academy welcomes those applicants who wish to bring their skills and experience to this dynamic environment. We are presently accepting applications for the following position:
Administrative Assistant (Corporate)
This position provides exceptional administrative and information-management support to the senior management team.
The successful applicant must be self-confident and have the conviction to be frank while utilizing exceptional tact. This person must also maintain a pleasant and professional demeanour, be able to anticipate the needs of the management team, demonstrate exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to manage multiple tasks.
The ideal candidate will have a community college diploma in Administration and/or comparable experience in a related field, as well as three to five years of advanced administrative experience providing senior management/executive level support.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS:
- Supports senior management by providing information to staff, clients and stakeholders in person, by telephone, or by email; answering and directing inquiries; following up with management on project completion; collecting and distributing information; scheduling, setting priorities and conserving managers’ time; making travel arrangements; maintaining confidential information; attending meetings and recording minutes as required.
- Supports administrative functions by routing correspondence, organizing attendant areas’ operations and procedures, ensuring cleanliness and orderliness; identifying and reporting problems; collecting, tracking, coordinating, updating, preparing and reporting information as per requirements; greeting and supporting visitors; responding to questions and requests, communicating information to appropriate personnel; receiving, sorting and directing mail and other correspondence; drafting, reviewing, and completing letters, memos, reports, documents, etc.; maintaining administrative records and logs.
- Supports the CFO / Director of Advancement in all administrative matters relating to legal and corporate matters, Board meetings and correspondence, HR & benefits management, advancement and fundraising, and related functions.
- Supports the financial functions by providing backup support, entering data relating to accounts receivable, accounts payable, student accounts, preparing and mailing statements, and maintaining and reconciling a petty cash float; completing bank transactions (deposits, cashing cheques, picking up statements).
- Supports other administrative department functions (reception, admissions, operations, academic) by providing backup assistance where required.
- Maintains all equipment related to the attendant area by completing operator preventative maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reporting problems; calling for repairs.
- Supports Operations by assisting with and attending special functions (Parent-Teacher Days, Annual Inspection, Graduation Day, special functions, etc.), assisting with student Standdown sign-in and sign-out functions.
- Maintains historical reference by filing documents.
- Maintains employee/client confidence and protects CCLD by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as required.
Applicants must provide a satisfactory police clearance certificate with vulnerable sector screening once hired.
Engagement / Rate of Pay: This is a full-time position. The anticipated start time is mid-February. Competitive compensation commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience, will be offered including a comprehensive health, dental, insurance, and employee pension plan.
Posting Date: January 23, 2018
How to Apply
Please forward resume and covering letter. No telephone inquiries, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to email resume (Please send resume in MS Word or PDF format)
Fax Resume To: 905-386-6607
Mail Resume To:
Chief Financial Officer
Robert Land Academy
6727 South Chippawa Rd
Wellandport, ON L0R 2J0
Robert Land Academy is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Please notify us when an employment interview time is scheduled if you require accommodation during the interview process.
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Robert Land Academy is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. This policy is reflective of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07. [ Full Policy ]