An opportunity for an experienced Grounds Maintenance Labourer for a Full-Time (Seasonal) position at a Niagara-based private boarding school.
Located in Wellandport (West Lincoln), Ontario, Robert Land Academy (RLA) is a highly structured not-for-profit Canadian private military boarding school that has provided a safe, healthy, living and learning environment for boys in grades 5-12 since 1978.
1. Works cooperatively and often independently as part of our maintenance team, and is always respectful of other staff, clients and stakeholders.
2. Primary responsibilities include grounds maintenance: including snow removal utilizing tractors, hand tools, and other snow removal equipment, cutting grass over an extensive property utilizing riding lawn tractors, push mowers, trimmers, and other related small engine equipment and hand-held equipment, maintaining gardens, tending to plants, raking, and collecting garbage.
3. Maintain and repair equipment and tools, and keep work area clean and tidy.
4. Perform other maintenance, janitorial, and general labour-related tasks as assigned, and assists all team members whenever needed.
5. Demonstrates professionalism both on and off duty
6. Works safely and performs all functions consistent with Workplace Health and Safety Guidelines
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES
The working environment is primarily outdoors. The majority of the duties during the spring and summer season include operating a riding tractor/mower. Conditions can be hot and dusty, including exposure to the elements (primarily hot sun) in the summer, and extreme cold in the winter. Excellent manual dexterity, attention to detail, and hand-eye coordination are required. A combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling is required. Must be capable of lifting at least 50 lbs.
Applicants must provide satisfactory police clearance certificate and meet the physical demands of the position. Applicants must also possess a valid G(2) driver license with a safe driving record.
Term of Engagement: Full-time (Seasonal). This position is available immediately and continues until early/mid-October, or until it is determined that full-time yard maintenance is no longer required for the season.
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Posted: May 14, 2018
How to Apply
- Click here to email resume (Please send resume in MS Word or PDF format)
- Fax resume to 905-386-6607
Mail Resume To
Robert Land Academy
6727 South Chippawa Rd
Wellandport, Ontario L0R 2J0
No Telephone Calls Please.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Robert Land Academy is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Please notify us when an employment interview time is scheduled if you require accommodation during the interview process.
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Robert Land Academy is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
This policy is reflective of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07. [ Full Policy ]