Located in Wellandport, Ontario, Robert Land Academy is a highly structured not-for-profit Canadian private military boarding school that has provided a safe, healthy, living and learning environment for boys in grades 5-12 since 1978.
The Academy welcomes those applicants who wish to bring their skills and experience to this dynamic environment. We are presently accepting applications for the following position:
ACCOUNTING CLERK (part-time)
Reporting to our Finance Officer, the Accounting Clerk will be an experienced professional assisting our finance department processing accounts receivables, accounts payables, basic banking functions, interacting with vendors and clients, and other related administrative functions. This is a part-time position, working approximately 20 hours per week in a professional office setting. Opportunity for additional hours may be possible depending on the season.
The ideal candidate will have a community college diploma in accounting or business administration or a related field. Two to three years of advanced bookkeeping experience, including working with accounts payable and receivables, is required.
The skills and abilities this person brings to the role include:
- a solid understanding of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- proficiency with MYOB, Simply Accounting or equivalent accounting programme
- excellent data entry skills
- proficiency with MS Office suites and working with spreadsheets
- a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- strong time management skills and an ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
- proficiency in English (written and oral)
- ability to work with minimal supervision
- a pleasant and efficient manner of dealing with staff and clients
Applicants must provide satisfactory police clearance certificate.
Pay Rate: $18-$22 / hr
Term of Engagement: Starts middle May
Please download the full job description for further details of this position:[ download job description ]
Posted: May 3, 2019
How to Apply
Please forward your resume with a cover letter outlining your availability through one of the following:
- Click here to email resume (Please send resume in MS Word or PDF format)
- Fax resume to: 905-386-6607
- Mail Resume To:
Chief Financial Officer
Robert Land Academy
6727 South Chippawa Rd
Wellandport, Ontario L0R 2J0
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries, please.
Robert Land Academy is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Please notify us when an employment interview time is scheduled if you require accommodation during the interview process
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Robert Land Academy is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. This policy is reflective of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07. [ Full Policy ]