Located in Wellandport, Ontario, Robert Land Academy is a highly structured not-for-profit Canadian private military boarding school that has provided a safe, healthy, living and learning environment for boys in grades 5-12 since 1978.
The Academy welcomes those applicants who wish to bring their skills and experience to this dynamic environment. We are presently accepting applications for the following position:
Chef / Cook (Full-Time / Part-Time)
- Works cooperatively as part of a team, and is always respectful of other staff, clients, and stakeholders
- Ensures the quality of food is outstanding each and every time and items are produced quickly and efficiently with pride and attention to detail
- Ensures that sufficient product is prepared and is kept ready for service
- Records meal, refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher temperatures
- Employs sanitary practices in meal production and kitchen clean-up
- Keeps the work area, utensils, and production equipment in a clean, sanitized state
- Remains thoroughly familiar with the causes of food poisoning and the methods of its prevention
- Controls waste and spoilage
- Assists all team members whenever needed
- Performs all opening and closing assignments as instructed
- Adheres to the cleaning schedules that are assigned
- Performs additional duties as required by the Chef/Kitchen Manager
- Demonstrates professionalism both on and off duty
- Performs functions consistent with Workplace Health and Safety Guidelines
Applicants must provide satisfactory police clearance certificate, and be available to work assigned shifts (including weekends).
Preference will be given to those holding:
- certified chef papers or related experience
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
Pay Rates: $16-$20 / hr (plus benefits for full-time staff)
Term of Engagement: Start immediately. Full-time / part-time / casual hours. Please state preference when applying
Posted: March 6, 2019How to Apply
- Click here to email resume (Please send resume in MS Word or PDF format)
- Fax resume to: 905-386-6607
- Mail Resume To:
Robert Land Academy
6727 South Chippawa Rd
Wellandport, Ontario L0R 2J0
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.
Robert Land Academy is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Please notify us when an employment interview time is scheduled if you require accommodation during the interview process
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Robert Land Academy is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
This policy is reflective of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07. [ Full Policy ]