Located in Wellandport, Ontario, Robert Land Academy is a highly structured not-for-profit Canadian private military boarding school that has provided a safe, healthy, living and learning environment for boys in grades 5 -12 since 1978.
The role of the Dishwasher is to provide effective cleaning of all kitchen utensils, dishware, glassware and pots, and to ensure that the kitchen area is maintained in a clean and tidy manner. Some food prep and heavy lifting are required. During summer time this can be a full-time or part-time position. During the school year, this is a part-time position. Primary shifts will include Saturday & Sunday (12-16 hours approx per week).
- Works safely at all times.
- Ensures that all dishes and cutlery are clean and sanitized.
- Pre-soaks cutlery and dishes in solution and loads them into the dishwasher.
- Uses proper chemicals to sanitize items.
- Washes all pots, pans, inserts, etc. and cleans kitchen equipment when called upon and as per cleaning schedule.
- Puts dishes back in proper places throughout the kitchen and server areas.
- Keeps the kitchen area floors swept, cleaned and washed at all times.
- Assists with prep work under direction and supervision of qualified cook.
- Cleans and organizes all related work equipment and areas.
- Assist in other duties as directed by the shift supervisor or manager.
Grade 12 education preferred.- Previous experience in a customer service environment preferred.- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.- Must be a team player who works well with others.- Good organizational skills.- Must arrange your own transportation.- Applicants must provide satisfactory police clearance certificate, and be available to work assigned shifts (including weekends).
Preference will be given to those with Safe Food Handling Certificate- previous relevant experience
PAY RATE: Minimum Wage
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please forward resume and/or completed job application form, indicating availability to start and wage expectations. Also indicate whether you are applying for full-time, part-time, or both.
- Click here to email resume (Please send resume in MS Word or PDF format)
- Fax resume to 905-386-6607
- Mail Resume to:
Robert Land Academy
6727 South Chippawa Rd.
Wellandport, ON L0R 2J0
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries, please!
Robert Land Academy is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Please notify us when an employment interview time is scheduled if you require accommodation during the interview process.
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Robert Land Academy is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
This policy is reflective of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07. [ Full Policy ]