Mainstream educational and therapeutic methods for treating the unique needs of boys with ADHD characteristics don’t work for everybody, and in some cases only exacerbate issues to the point of crisis. In a different environment ADHD characteristics can be the foundation for ongoing success. Our boarding school for troubled teens in grades 9 and 10 develops the individual's level of personal maturity and fundamental academic skills while preparing him ultimately for senior level courses. The academic program creates a solid foundation for success through extensive remediation in mathematics and English within the framework of traditional courses. Credit courses offered are delivered in compliance with the Ontario Ministry of Education requirements. Robert Land Academy is an inspected private school and is in receipt of the Ministry Board School Identification Number (BSID). The Academy is authorized by the Ministry to grant credits towards the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). The Academy has been in operation for 38 years and is a registered not-for-profit corporation. Contact us today to learn more about our program.
If your son has become disengaged with school, learning, sports, and health; is making poor choices with his time and friends and if nothing seems to be helping him; and if he is defiantly resisting change…
Turn to Robert Land Academy – a military themed boys’ boarding school that provides a structured, engaging and distraction-free community that engenders positive attitude, pride, health and academic achievement in ADHD characteristic boys that are otherwise being “left out” and “left behind.
The Mainstream Educational System Works With Most Boys, But Fails Some By Merit Of Their Temperament.
If your son has been assessed with ADHD, or has ADHD characteristics, you are probably well aware that his underlying nature is bright, inquisitive and eager to achieve. ADHD just seems to deny him the focus to achieve, yet he seems to be able to focus on “distractions” – which in the end only frustrates him further. If only he could focus on the right things!
Does this sound like your son?
- He is unable to engage in the right priorities. Rather, he has prioritized detrimental interests, activities, and friends.
- Having found acceptance in other places, he defiantly protects his engagement with them.
- He has now associated his family with the things that are NOT working for him.
- He is in crisis. He needs to "get out" of his current situation to get what he needs: belonging, recognition, and self confirmation / success.
- He is energetic, inquiring, testing authority and limits. (These are positive traits if properly directed.)
It takes a fair amount of intelligence to get into this much trouble. Bored and fed-up with "failing" at the right things, your son is successful at the "wrong" things. He is capable. He is getting attention. If only he could see that what he is excelling at today has no long term rewards. If only he could find rewards in activities he can build on. He needs to be "turned around".
The impact on you and your family is immense. Your son's special temperament is the hardest type to parent. Mainstream schools' systems do not support you or your son, making the job even harder. As mainstream solutions continue to fail, the situation keeps getting worse. You feel stressed and panicked. You are loosing your son. He defiantly opposes any attempt to assert control, and with each attempt that fails, your control drifts further. And, he has lost control of himself. This is the crisis.
Robert Land Academy is the solution that uses a proven model and has proven results.
The situation is drastic and demands drastic change. Giving him another "second" chance will just prolong and worsen the situation. Don't risk it. Enrolling him at Robert Land Academy boarding school for troubled teens can end the crisis now.
Robert Land Academy provides an all-encompassing program that works for the unique needs of your son, and adapts him to succeed, not fail. It is a full-time environment that works with you to re-establish his self-control, and in turn your control. Your son needs to belong, and that includes belonging to your family again.
For 38 years Robert Land Academy has been successfully proving that ADHD characteristics can be turned around – leveraging the underlying tendencies for success. In a structured environment that is free of distractions, ADHD tendencies can be harnessed to your son’s advantage. Positive attitude, pride, health and academic achievement can be his.
At Robert Land Academy, foundational courses target core areas of literacy and numeracy. Through the identification of actual grade level performance and diagnostic testing, academic remediation and upgrading, and specific individualized programs, boys can master the academic requirements necessary for the successful completion of their courses of study.
A boys’ boarding school situated on 168 acres in the rural Niagara Region, Robert Land Academy utilizes a military theme to provide a positively structured environment for academics, fitness and social responsibilities. Robert Land Academy works for ADHD characteristic boys precisely because it is a self-contained environment where distractions are minimized. No other school or program offers this level of structure, clarity, and consistency. Expectations are clearly set in this environment.
- Improved Grades – small classes and personal attention. The vast majority of students realize a dramatic improvement in their first semester of enrollment
- Improved Health – whole foods diet, exercise and sleep
- Improved Attitude – engaged, happy and the feeling of being included
Robert Land Academy is Unique
In addition to addressing boys' academic challenges, Robert Land Academy provides a structured learning and living environment which focuses on:
Robert Land Academy is a complete program that contains all of the elements that in concert work to turn ADHD characteristics around. Without all of these elements the chance of success is greatly reduced:
- Regular meals served at the same time each day with a balanced diet high in fruit, vegetables and fibre, with no “junk food”, soda pop or fried foods
- Regular routine which includes daily physical exercise and a full eight hours of sleep nightly
- A rural setting to assist concentration and focus through the removal of the many distractions which include video games, television, personal computers, cell phones, smart phones and musical devices
- A coaching approach to teaching intended to build self-confidence while retaining genuine challenge and achievement
- "Chunking" of academic lessons, repetition of key points, regular testing, small classes, close personal attention, and varied teaching approaches and assessment methods
- Supervised daily and weekend study halls in a quiet environment, additional tutorials and peer tutoring
- Clearly defined rules and consistent consequences within an environment that fosters success through positive reinforcement
- A 24/7 highly structured program
Robert Land Academy Provides a Safe Environment
Situated in a rural setting, Robert Land Academy is isolated from the negative and threatening influences and distractions of an urban environment. A full-time Registered Nurse along with a consulting social worker, psychologist, psychiatrist, sports therapist and medical doctor address the medical and counselling needs of students.
Do not underestimate the value of getting a life on track. Robert Land Academy boarding school for troubled teens is a small investment relative to the potential disaster for your son, and a small investment for the peace of mind it affords you. Your son’s ADHD characteristics could be a foundation for success, but the program path and the treatment he is receiving now may have him marginalized and on the wrong track. It has your family in crisis. If not addressed immediately, the resulting problems may only get worse, making it harder for him and harder for you to address later on. We know - we have been helping ADHD characteristic boys get on the right track for the past 35 years.