If the unique needs of your son are not being met by mainstream educational and therapeutic methods, consider a proven alternative that can get him back on track. Robert Land Academy – a military themed boys’ boarding school that provides a structured, engaging and distraction-free community that engenders positive attitude, pride, health and academic achievement in ADHD characteristic boys that are otherwise being “left out” and “left behind”. Our program for boys in grades 5 through 8 focuses on the preparation of boys to enter high school with the necessary personal and academic skills required for their future success. It provides extensive remediation in the fundamental areas of literacy and mathematical reasoning within a stimulating environment. Courses offered are in accordance with guidelines provided by the Ontario Ministry of Education. Robert Land Academy is an inspected private school and is in receipt of the Ministry Board School Identification Number (BSID). The Academy has been in operation since 1978 and is a registered not-for-profit corporation. Contact us today to learn more about our program.
The Mainstream Educational System Works With Most Boys But Fails With Some By Merit of Their Temperament.
If your son has been assessed with ADHD or has ADHD characteristics, you are probably well aware that his underlying nature is bright, inquisitive and eager to achieve. ADHD just seems to deny him the focus to achieve, yet he seems to be able to focus on “distractions” – which in the end only frustrates him further. If only he could focus on the right things!
Does this sound like your son?
- He’s brilliant at video games, but can’t focus enough to do well at school.
- He has difficulty concentrating on things that do not interest him.
- He rushes through work with little attention to detail.
- He tends to have trouble working co-operatively with others, he blurts out answers or constantly interrupts.
- He has difficulty staying on task, constantly fidgets and is easily distracted.
- He is a boy and he needs to be a “boy”. The mainstream system just isn’t resourced to deal with him.
- He is a victim. It is hard for him. He is shoved aside and not understood.
- He is energetic, inquiring, testing authority and limits. (These are positive traits if properly directed.)
The impacts on you and your family are immense. The failure of the conventional system puts undue burdens on you making it impossible for you to balance the demands of work, family, and daily routine. RLA military school for boys who are troubled by poor academic performance and behavioural issues is a full-time environment that supports the family life you want to have with your son when he is home.
Robert Land Academy is the solution that uses a proven model and has proven results.
Robert Land Academy provides an all-encompassing program that can work for the unique needs of your son, and adapts him to succeed, not fail.
Over the past 40 years the Academy has been successfully proving that ADHD characteristics can be turned around – leveraging the underlying tendencies for success. If ongoing ADHD treatments of accommodation and prescribed drugs are proving to have limited or no effect, consider an alternative approach. Robert Land Academy provides a structured environment that is free of distractions and where ADHD tendencies can be harnessed to your son's advantage. Positive attitude, pride, health and academic achievement can be his.
At Robert Land Academy foundational courses target core areas of literacy and numeracy. Through the identification of actual grade level performance, diagnostic testing, academic remediation and upgrading, and specific individualized programs, boys can master the academic requirements required for the successful completion of their courses of study.
A military school for troubled boys situated on 168 acres in the rural Niagara Peninsula, Robert Land Academy utilizes a military theme to provide a positively structured environment for academics, fitness and social responsibilities. Robert Land Academy works for ADHD characteristic boys precisely because it is a self-contained environment where distractions are minimized. No other schools or programs offer this level of structure, clarity, and consistency – expectations are clearly set in this environment.
- Improved Grades – small classes and personal attention. The vast majority of students realize a dramatic increase in their first semester of enrolment
- Improved Health – whole foods diet, exercise, and sleep
- Improved Attitude – engaged, happy and the feeling of being included
Robert Land Academy is Unique
In addition to addressing boys' academic challenges, Robert Land Academy provides a structured learning and living environment which focuses on:
Robert Land Academy is a complete program that contains all of the elements that in concert work to turn ADHD characteristics around. Without all of these elements the chance of success is greatly reduced:
- Regular meals served at the same time each day with a balanced diet high in fruit, vegetables, and fiber, with no “junk food”, soda pop or fried foods
- Regular routine which includes daily physical exercise and a full eight hours of sleep nightly
- A rural setting to assist concentration and focus through the removal of the many distractions which include video games, television, personal computers, cell phones, smartphones and musical devices
- A coaching approach to teaching intended to build self-confidence while retaining genuine challenge and achievement
- "Chunking" of academic lessons, repetition of key points, regular testing, small classes, close personal attention, and varied teaching approaches and assessment methods
- Supervised daily and weekend study halls in a quiet environment, additional tutorials and peer tutoring
- Clearly defined rules within an environment that fosters success through positive reinforcement
- A 24/7 highly structured program
Robert Land Academy Provides a Safe Environment
Boys in grades 5 through 8 have barracks (dormitories) and classrooms separate from the older students. Meals are served in the mess hall along with the older boys, however, the seating arrangement is by grade level such that the younger grades stay together. Situated in a rural setting, Robert Land Academy is isolated from the negative and threatening influences and distractions of an urban environment. A full-time Registered Nurse along with a consulting social worker, psychologist, psychiatrist, sports therapist and medical doctor address the medical and counselling needs of students.
Do not underestimate the value of getting a life on track. Robert Land Academy military school for troubled boys is a small investment relative to the potential disaster for your son, and a small investment for the peace of mind it affords you. Your son’s ADHD characteristics could be a foundation for success, but the program path and treatment he is receiving now may have him marginalized and on the wrong track. If not addressed immediately, the resulting problems may only get worse, making it harder for him and harder for you to address later on. We know - we have been helping ADHD characteristic boys get on the right track for the past 40 years.